- Each hike season, every hiker must have executed a Release
of Liability form and, except for Honorary Members, must have paid their annual dues before departing on any hike.
- Each hiker must sign the club register before departing from
the trail head on a hike.
- Photos and GPS tracking are allowed on SW hikes; however, publishing
photos, specific maps, and GPS coordinates identifying 'sensitive areas',
such as rock art and ruin sites, is strictly prohibited. This
restriction includes print media and internet web sites.
- All hikers must wear lug-soled hiking boots.
- Each hiker must have sufficient water. (At least 2 quarts and
up to a gallon on hot, dry days)
- On the trail, hikers must stay between the Leader and the Tailgater
at all times.
- Notify the Leader immediately of illness or injury.
- All hikers are expected to complete hikes. In the case of illness
or injury, a hiker may leave the hike with the consent of the Leader
if accompanied by two people, at least one of whom knows the trail.
- Practice "Leave no Trace" --- pack out what you pack
in, including toilet tissue!
- Hikers must respect archeological ruins. Leave things as you
found them! Some specific guidelines can be found here.
- Hikers are not allowed to bring pets on hikes.
- Hikers should bring lunch and a snack for all hikes
(only a snack on Sunday).
- Wearing a hat, carrying a pair of gloves, and hiking poles are
recommended but not required. Sunglasses and sunscreen are also recommended.
- Carrying a cell phone is encouraged, but it must be turned off
except in an emergency and then used only with the Leader’s
Copyright © 1999 - 2014
Sedona Westerners Incorporated, All Rights Reserved